Personally I do not like bananas, I think they completely lack texture and are too mushy and gooey. But then my better half does like them, so was trying to be kind :)
I love peanut butter, but am trying to bake more consciously, so thought of making the muffins with chopped caramelized peanuts. Of course nothing can compare to yummy peanut butter, but these cupcakes came pretty close to nailing the peanuty essence.
The recipe is very simple, easy to make and truly rewarding as well!
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 bananas, slightly mashed
- 100g caramelized peanuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. Sift together the dry ingredients of Part A.
2. Beat the wet ingredients of Part B.
3. Stir Part A (dry ingredients) into Part B (wet ingredients).
4. Fold in Part C - the mashed bananas and chopped peanuts.Do not overmix or overbeat, just gently fold in the bananas and the peanuts.
5. Scoop the batter into paper muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or untill they are springy to touch.
Drizzle some caramel sauce on the top, and they are ready to travel to your tummy!