Thursday, April 29, 2010

And the Macaronathon continues


Now that I have got my act together and I am all motivated to start baking again, I thought I'd brush up on the macaron making skills. I attended a Macaron making course at the Atelier des Chefs, where I learnt how to make macarons with the Italian method.
Macarons can be made by any one of the following three TWO ways:
1. The Simple Method
1. The French Meringue Method
2. The Italian Meringue Method

I follow the French method, which is easy to make and somewhat reliable. After working with the Italian method, I was informed that this is the most reliable way to make macarons!


I have been thinking about what flavours to experiment with as the weather is so great here, it brought out some great funky tastes. In the following posts you will find the recipes for:
1. Lemon Ginger Macaron with Green Tomatoes Chutney
2. Orange Bergamote Tea Macaron with Prunes and Cardamom
3. Dark Chocolate Macaron with Venezuelan Chocolate and Esplette de Piment
4. Rose Macaron with a Raspberry and Litchi
5. Green Tea Macaron with Coconut Wasabi Cream

1 comment:

  1. You have made an insane range of flavours and they look so marvelous. I can't wait to start experimenting again. I've made them 3 times now, first time worked a treat and the 2nd and 3rd time were flops. But I'm still hanging n there.

    ReplyDelete