Friday, May 14, 2010

It's A Gluten Free World


It was 5 years ago when I came to Paris, I'd heard about this allergy which I thought would make life unthinkable! Imagine not being able to eat wheat!! When my Friend V mentioned that he is allergic to gluten, I was like - "No way! You're kidding right? how come?? err.. bt you're Indian, how can this be?" Of course, now that I think about it, it sounds so stupid and I sheepishly agree that I was so unaware. But that was back then, and then there is now!
A very dear friend C whose birthday it was a few days ago, shares this allergy with 1% of the US population. Celiac disease and obesity are the latest concerns on the health horizon, and there are some great measures been taking place by revolutionary chefs like Jamie Oliver who has taken the world by storm with his Food Revolution. Viva la revoluzione! 






To make it a special day for C, I decided to embark on a little GF revolution of my own, I read many inspiring blogs like the GlutenFreeGirl, CeliacTeen, GlutenFreeGoddess, SimplyGlutenFree, IAmGlutenFree . I mean these guys are just amazing; they have a whole world going out there! Nothing deters them, which is so very inspiring.. Hats off to you ladies.
So here’s all C got in her little B’Day Gluten Free Hamper:
-          Banana Nut Bread
-          Blueberry Muffins
-          Peanut Butter Chocolate chip Cookies


And then of course there has to be a birthday cake, so I made cute Strawberry Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting. Check for updates soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment